Autel Support Communities
Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > Diagnostic & Analysis System > MaxiSys > Important Notice about Battery Charging ...
Important Notice about Battery Charging via OBD cable

4114 Views 6 Replies Latest reply: 2018-01-07 04:05:39

•   Level 10   
    (10965) points
    Autel Support
    2017-06-02 08:42:16

Dear customers, 

In order to protect the tool’s battery, improve battery performance and extend battery life, OBD cable charging function has been removed in the latest system program of MS906, MS906(Mexico version), MK906, MX808, MX808IM, DS808, MP808 and MK808. 

Thank you for your support on Autel tools!

•   Level 10   
    (7578) points
    witsend

2017-06-02 19:24:41 (Reply to:Autel Support)

Hi Support , Why has management just pulled you and all Support off this user forum the past year, not even here for moderation and damage control? (other than to announce the approaching Chinese Holiday or an unexpected event such as a major system update or a change that might inconvenience and anger folk ). Maybe now just post NO BS  and change SUPPORT name to ANNOUNCEMENT FROM AUTEL MANAGEMENT: A NO BS message would read:
      DEAR AUTEL USERS , DUE TO HIGHER THAN NORMAL WARRANTY EXPENSES INCURRED BY AUTEL FROM  DEFECTIVE BATTERIES, ENGINEERING HAS DETERMINED IF THE 12V DLC SUPPLY IS REMOVED,  MARGINAL BATTERIES COULD LAST LONG ENOUGH TO BE OUT OF WARRANTY PERIOD BEFORE TOTALLY SHOT . ALSO SINCE THE FORD LAWSUIT WE HAVE BEEN REQUIRED BY COURT MAGISTRATE TO  TAKE ON SOME WESTERN STYLE LIABILITY LAWYERS THAT TELL US THE BATTERIES HOOKED TO DLC POWER COULD  MAKE TABLET BECOME TOO WARM AND CAUSE DISCOMFORT TO ONE'S  THIGH AND DISTRACT USER FROM DRIVING PROPERLY AND CAUSE AN AMBULANCE CHASER ACCIDENT INVOLVING MORE LAWYERS.  FOLK THAT PRESENTLY HAVE OLDER SCANNERS WITH OLDER MARGINAL BATTERIES THAT REALLY DO NEED THE DLC POWER TO RUN WITH, UNFORTUNATELY WILL SOON HAVE TO DEAL WITH FRUSTRATION AND INCONVENIENCE OF USING A POWER CORD AND AC ADAPTER TO THE SCANNER, OR BUY A NEW SCAN TOOL SOONER TO HELP GENERATE STRONGER SALES. THANK YOU FOR YOUR UNDERSTANDING AND PLEASE DON'T LET THIS BE A REASON NOT TO UPDATE YOUR TABLETS OR TURN OFF THE WIFI TO YOUR TABLETS. 

I think many folk might view this change as a scanner downgrade made to save the company a few bucks warranting  questionable and defective batteries that might last past their warranty periods and therefore be at the customer's expense had this DLC B+ charging feature been removed sooner, I think you should just give folk the opportunity on screen to choose whether to turn on or leave off the B+ DLC power with a low battery charge message appears then remove the valuable feature . I'm sure a lot of folk with 2 year old scanners with older  batteries , the DLC power to them be the only thing that be stabilizing things  and keeping some older scanners going after 30 minutes use without them running flat or crashing during  use. The inconvenience of having to tether  a power cord to them after a few years will insure more folk be replacing the platform sooner than they would if the scanners still could run with a marginal battery off  DLC power .    

•   Level 1   
    (9) points
    ScottG55

2017-06-24 03:05:37 (Reply to:witsend)

AGREED!  WTF are the Autel people "thinking"??!!  I bought this unit because it was the handiest, quickest unit out there! NOW- not so much.  What a PISS POOR decision on their behalf.  I can NO LONGER in good conscience recommend this unit as I have in the past.
    AUTEL- way to screw yourselves!

•   Level 1   
    (9) points
    ScottG55

2017-06-24 03:07:56 (Reply to:Autel Support)

Why oh WHY did you screw yourselves this way??????????

•   Level 10   
    (7578) points
    witsend

2017-07-01 16:13:24 (Reply to:ScottG55)

I wonder if the MS906 and DS808 battery can  be charged through the  micro USB port from a car charger?

•   Level 1   
    (6) points
    bobm

2017-12-31 22:08:19 (Reply to:witsend)

Is there a battery problem?  I just bought one and I'm worried now.  Can someone which is associated with Autel confirm this? 

•   Level 5   
    (340) points
    737mechanic

2018-01-07 04:05:39 (Reply to:bobm)

Does this also apply to the MS906TS. The only way I have ever charged mine was the wall plug-in charger. I was not aware there was another way.
  Total1 Pages